English corrections

Information about Canada and immigration to Canada in English
Alex The Great
Заслуженный форумчанин

Re: English corrections

Сообщение Alex The Great » 09 июл 2015, 07:21

BAD
А чего сдулись то? Надо продолжать!...
Yeah man, I have to sadly admit that no one seems to be interested in this topic anymore...
But still, as I said, keep posting! :D

This message has been removed

Blupp
Заслуженный форумчанин

Сообщение Blupp » 09 авг 2015, 02:03

Смотрю на этот форум и думаю, что нет ничего удивительного, что наши люди так плохо в целом знают английский. Форум эмигрантов в англоязычную страну, и нигде НИ-НИ! нельзя и слова написать по-английски, тут же на тебя набросятся: а почему по-английски? Нет русской раскладки на работе? - корячьтесь, пишите транслитом через транслит-ру!! Но зато создали отдельную резервацию для английского, куда надо приходить и искусственно общаться нарочито на английском.

Естественно, эта тема заглохла. Языком по-настоящему надо пользоваться, а не понарошку :D :D :D

Извините, что по-русски :mrgreen:
vlil
Заслуженный форумчанин

Сообщение vlil » 09 авг 2015, 11:10

Ну так и общайтесь на англоязычных форумах, какие проблемы?
Лично для меня два русскоязычных человека, беседующих по-английски, выглядят как минимум смешно... :mrgreen: Даже если их английский идеален.
Alex The Great
Заслуженный форумчанин

Сообщение Alex The Great » 09 авг 2015, 14:46

vlil
Лично для меня два русскоязычных человека, беседующих по-английски, выглядят как минимум смешно... :mrgreen: Даже если их английский идеален.
I'm glad you've found this topic funny and enjoying it. As you probably know it's believed the more you laugh the longer you live. So, I'm proud that someone's life has just been extended for a couple of days (or weeks, who knows?) because of my posts here, and I really hope you'll pay me back with some statements in English too. :D

Antoxa
Заслуженный форумчанин

Сообщение Antoxa » 09 авг 2015, 15:45

I'm glad you've found this topic funny and enjoying it.
I guess you are missing "are" in this one, aren't you? :)

Alex The Great
Заслуженный форумчанин

Сообщение Alex The Great » 09 авг 2015, 16:01

Antoxa
I guess you are missing "are" in this one, aren't you?
Well, at first sight it really seems that I missed it but on the other hand where would you put it? It won't look right for me if I put it after the "and".

vlil
Заслуженный форумчанин

Сообщение vlil » 09 авг 2015, 18:22

Alex The Great писал(а):I'm glad you've found this topic funny
Well... I did not really mean this topic. It is intended (as far as I understand with my limited knowledge of English :wink: ) to help those who want to improve their language skills... no, not the right word. Their art of language. So, it is greatly appreciated. Sorry if I insulted you.
This was simply a reply to a snobbish post of Mr(s?). Blupp. And I meant literally two Russian speakers talking in English to each other. No more than that.
I can give you a good example if you want. My sister is a professional translator/interpreter with 30+ years of experience. But she never says - "Shut up, I know that better!" Simply because she is in Moscow, and I'm in Canada... and knowledge of the language cannot always replace a knowledge of reality.
PS Never bothered to check my grammar and spelling. Please feel free to correct anything.
Alex The Great
Заслуженный форумчанин

Сообщение Alex The Great » 10 авг 2015, 06:27

vlil
Sorry if I insulted you.
You never did, mate :D
And I meant literally two Russian speakers talking in English to each other. No more than that.
Well, you know, talking to each other is really one of the ways to improve one's skills even though the are both Russian speakers. There are some reasons for that. Some people can't find a native speaker to talk with while the others' level is not enough to do this. So, instead staying calm let them say something here at least. :D
I can give you a good example if you want. My sister is a professional translator/interpreter with 30+ years of experience. But she never says - "Shut up, I know that better!" Simply because she is in Moscow, and I'm in Canada... and knowledge of the language cannot always replace a knowledge of reality.
I didn't see anyone saying "Shut up, I know that better!" or something like that in this topic. But I still appreciate your sister's behavior on this matter. I agree that one has nothing to teach if he/she never lived in the country where that language is spoken.
You know, this topic is called "English corrections", so the main point here is not to show someone that he/she is silly but to show the alternative way of expression and leave it to a person to decide whether he/she accepts it or not. I'm sure those who are concerned do visit this topic and discover something new that they will use in their everyday life there in Canada. Therefore, in my humble opinion, it has a right to exist. :D

vlil
Заслуженный форумчанин

Сообщение vlil » 10 авг 2015, 09:54

Alex The Great писал(а):talking to each other is really one of the ways to improve one's skills even though the are both Russian speakers
I tend to disagree... but this is just my personal opinion. If this is helpful to someone - why not. And if you do so under a teacher's supervision - that's fine. Otherwise you risk "научить плохому" each other... :D
A personal example again: my wife's English is very basic as of yet. But her pronunciation is way better... and guess what's gonna happen if we start talking in English at home and she follows mine? Which is terrible, I have to admit. :oops:
Although, of course I mean people who are in Canada. Where "cannot find a native speaker" is normally not the case.
Alex The Great
Заслуженный форумчанин

Сообщение Alex The Great » 10 авг 2015, 10:09

You are definitely right! Fuck this topic! I don't need it anyway :D

Церберус
Заслуженный форумчанин

Сообщение Церберус » 10 авг 2017, 19:13

Fuck this topic!
Донт фак хиар! Зыс из форбидден бай зэ форумс рулз. Ферштейн?! :mrgreen:
Alex The Great
Заслуженный форумчанин

Сообщение Alex The Great » 28 авг 2017, 22:59

Донт фак хиар! Зыс из форбидден бай зэ форумс рулз. Ферштейн?! :mrgreen:
Where've you been? I've been fucking this topic for 2 whole years :mrgreen:

Annushka1
Заслуженный форумчанин

Сообщение Annushka1 » 08 янв 2018, 00:41

мне по грамматике очень помогают статьи Ссылка удалена. Модератор. много полезного почерпнула уже) ну и плюс надеюсь, что как приеду, в среде обитания само собой новые слова выучу)))

Ответить

Вернуться в «Canada in English»