How can I recognize russian PhD in Canada?

Information about Canada and immigration to Canada in English
spqr1945
Вечный студент

How can I recognize russian PhD in Canada?

Сообщение spqr1945 » 15 июн 2010, 11:37

I am going to get a PhD degree in russian university. How can I recognize it in Canada?
Can I apply for postgraduate studies in Canada with russian PhD? I am ready to study in canadian university for couple years but not for more than 3 years. I will really appreciate your answers.

Jen
Заслуженный форумчанин

Re: How can I recognize russian PhD in Canada?

Сообщение Jen » 15 июн 2010, 17:23

spqr1945 - I think this topic was discussed in Russian, try to make search, you may find smth.. I am pretty sure you can study at Canadian University for post graduate, but for that they would perform you diploma/degree evaluation. I would suggest to go to some university websites and research information provided there (though sometimes it may be not straight forward, but you are PhD - you have to figure it out!). I think it also very much depends on the institution where you are getting your PhD in Russia (if it is a well recognized University or not).

My brother is studing at UBC at the moment (for bachelor at this point), he had to provide all the transcrips from the University in Belarus, and they performed the evaluation and credited most of the courses that he took back in Minsk. He has one more year to study at UBC to get his degree.
spqr1945
Вечный студент

Сообщение spqr1945 » 16 июн 2010, 00:56

Thanks a lot! I'have read whole forum and did not fint the topic! Thanks one more time!
Jen
Заслуженный форумчанин

Сообщение Jen » 16 июн 2010, 01:56

Well.. I am sure I've read smth like that, but maybe not on a separate topic. Try to create the same topic in Russian - I am sure you will get more responses:) English is not very popular here yet.
sanem
Заслуженный форумчанин

Сообщение sanem » 16 июн 2010, 12:15

Jen писал(а):Well.. I am sure I've read smth like that, but maybe not on a separate topic. Try to create the same topic in Russian - I am sure you will get more responses:) English is not very popular here yet.
But why? :(
10.11.11 Отправил пакет документов в Вену
14.11.11 Документы получены Бюро иммиграции
20.04.12 l’accusé
19.08.2014 Получение CSQ
19.02.2015 Документы получены федералами
26.10.15 Направление на медкомиссию и оплату визы.

Jen
Заслуженный форумчанин

Сообщение Jen » 16 июн 2010, 20:11

I guess that's because most people are concerned that everyone will see their mistakes.
spqr1945
Вечный студент

Сообщение spqr1945 » 16 июн 2010, 22:17

Don't be shy! Try to be more courageous!
Matroskin
Форумский кот

Сообщение Matroskin » 17 июн 2010, 02:46

Nobody wishes to get supplementary English skills... :shock: Incredible! It looks like forumites are going to speak Russian in Canada. :lol:
Стремление к демократии это попытка уравнять в правах мартышек и питонов.
safronov

Сообщение safronov » 17 июн 2010, 04:47

Matroskin писал(а):Nobody wishes to get supplementary English skills... :shock:
Nobody wishes to look like a fool :)
Just imagine. You write in Russian forum that you want to immigrate to Canada and have all facilities for this action (i`m speeking just about myself :)). So it looks naivly when you make mistakes in English part of the same forum at the same time. And somebody can tell you with a bit of sarcasm: "Oh! you have ALL FACILITIES! Really?"
As for me, it`s easy to read and listen smth, but it`s harder to speak and too hard to express my thoughts in written form. Espetially when I try to do it on a free topic.
But I`ll really appriciate your coorection of my mistakes. I`m ready to look like a fool. But fool, who pay nothing for a small eduction and smart advices :).
i hope, my behavour will encourage somebody to write, make mistakes and study.. and to be fool :)

ps: thanks for your correction and my on-line education)
Matroskin
Форумский кот

Сообщение Matroskin » 17 июн 2010, 13:02

Take it easy!

I am not going to correct your mistakes because I am not the professional trunslater and I can make mistakes as well. We are here all together because we would like to debate all problems immigrant meets in Canada. Later, when this topic is pretty broad I can present it to Michael Ignatieff or another government oficials to make correction and to make imigrant's life more easily.
Стремление к демократии это попытка уравнять в правах мартышек и питонов.
safronov

Сообщение safronov » 17 июн 2010, 14:05

Matroskin писал(а):Later, when this topic is pretty broad I can preset it to Michael Ignatieff or another government oficials to make correction and to make imigrant's life more easily.
Oh. it`s very good idea. But, in fact, i don`t believe, that somebody in Canadian government will be really interested in language problems of PRE-newcommers. There are different offline and online courses that intended to solve this problem. But your idea is really great, and if it will work, all forum users will thank you for this.
Matroskin писал(а):I am not going to correct your mistakes
But I`m absolutely ready for this :) never the less, i understand, that it`ll take too much time to correct and to lead my english to English :lol: when all phrases are short, sharp and sometimes incomprehensible ;)

Topic starter, i`m awfully sorry for offtopic :oops:
Molly
Бывалый

Сообщение Molly » 19 июн 2010, 06:34

the idea of English-speaking topic sounds really great! it would be good to learn canadian English. please write as much as you can :)

i`m not phd yet and here i`d like to find out if it`s better to have it in Russia or get it in Canada when i arrive there?
Блондинка
Ангел

Сообщение Блондинка » 19 июн 2010, 15:26

Guys, take a look at your sentence structure. It is not English. It is a translation from Russian.
Солнце, воздух, пофигизм укрепляют организм!
Molly
Бывалый

Сообщение Molly » 20 июн 2010, 03:38

Блондинка писал(а):Guys, take a look at your sentence structure. It is not English. It is a translation from Russian.

then please say how it`s better to write my previous post?
Molly
Бывалый

Сообщение Molly » 20 июн 2010, 04:40

how to say better in English my previous sentence?

Ответить

Вернуться в «Canada in English»